REQ#: RQ75806 Senior Shipboard IT Technician (Open)
Travel Required: 50-75%
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Regular
Non-POR ACG build/install lead
Progressive IT experience (7 years) including at least five (5) projects in technical areas. At least one project must have occurred within the past three (3) years.
Responsible for directing technical work on projects. Performs a variety of analyses and prepares documentation. Prepares and makes briefings and presentations. Leads team in on-site management of installations. Works independently and installs, operates, maintains, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs IT systems devices, circuits, cables, components, software, end-user devices, components, software, and connectivity. Assists in the development of project management plans. Coordinates with the Project Manager to ensure accurate solutions.
• Shipboard Management Information System – Classified (SMIS-C)
• Afloat Classified Global Operating System Version 2 (ACG-V2)
• Maintenance Figure of Merit (MFOM)
• Next Generation Wideband (NGW)
• Shipboard Management Information System – Unclassified (SMIS-U)
• Afloat Release 1 (AR1)
• Afloat Release 2 (AR2)
• PC to PC Transfer System (PPTS)
• Common PC Operating Environment (COMPOSE)
• Automated Digital Network System (ADNS)
• Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIX)
• Global Command and Control System – Maritime (GCCS-M)
• Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
• Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES)
• Host Based Security System (HBSS)
• Commercial Broadband Satellite Program (CBSP)
• Ship’s Security Alert System (SSAS)
• Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
Several years experience leading teams
7-9 Years Work Experience
Ability to and willingness to travel 50 - 70%
Secret Clearance (interim accepted)
IAT-II minimum IAWF (DoD 8570-01.M) certification in current MSC operating systems
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.