GDIT has an opportunity for a growth oriented and execution-focused professional to help drive our Department of Homeland Security business area serving various DHS agencies.
Candidate must be an US citizen, and able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work
We are looking for a talented and experienced Unified Communications(UC) Systems Administrator to join an IT operations project, Unified Communications team to support DHS USCIS. The candidate will be provide administrator for daily operations of Video Teleconferencing, Video Streaming, and Digital Signage. UC System administrators are the primary operators, customer interface, and administrators involved in the daily aspects of converged delivery of UC services (voice, video and data) throughout the Enterprise, and respond to operational issues.
This position works under the general guidance of the UC Task Lead, in an Agile. DevSecOps fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment, and requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
* Responsible for maintenance and daily analysis and performance of all the Core UC hardware and software system administration.
* Support Avaya For Skype API desktop softphone support and installations. Polycom HDX or Cisco Executive Desktop VTC appliances in the field.
* Provide ancillary support for Q-Flow installations and Digital Signage implementations.
* Assistance and provide expertise related to Connected Sign digital signage usage, support and modification.
* Provide on-demand, also support all local UC O&M concerns.
* Provide support of a new Enterprise network-fax/efax service, and ongoing customer support functions as needed.
* Administer the day to day Multi-media Enterprise needs, which include; VTC/Video Stream requested activities, support for bridging calls, display and projection systems, smartboards, audio systems, video recording and replay, digital signage systems, and all associated core infrastructure required to operate, maintain, patch and update these systems .
* Maintain and update skillset as it relates to what are coming trends in UC technologies and methods of delivering a future-focused collaborative environment.
* Develop and maintain comprehensive artifacts pertaining to the operating, maintaining, and monitoring Enterprise UC services as needed.
* Communicate proactively and effectively with customers.
* Fully engaged in the implementation of a DevOps practices for supporting IT
* Responsible for operational availability of all the systems hosted on the infrastructure
* Support information assurance process in a technical role by complying with technical controls, technical checklists etc.
* Assist and mentor junior members on the team
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or the equivalent and 4-5 years related experience or a MS and 4 years of experience or the equivalent
* 3+ years of experience with delivering Video Conferencing along with teleconferencing, Video Steaming and Digital Signage experience in enterprise UC environment supporting thousands of users.
* Expert knowledge and experience of UC solutions from the vendors Microsoft, ConnectedSign, Polycom, Cisco, vBrick and Avaya
* 3+ years of experience operating, maintaining, optimizing, and troubleshooting the following UC solutions in an fast paced enterprise environment: Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Expressways, Cisco WebEx, Polycom RMX Bridge, Polycom DMA, Polycom Resource Manager, Cisco Telepresence Management Suite, Cisco Meeting Server, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Avaya video phones, Avaya Communicator, vBrick Media-Streaming systems, and Microsoft Skype
* Skillset equivalent to Cisco CCNA Collaboration or higher certification.
* Working experience with integrating, maintaining, and troubleshooting UC voice, video, IM, presence, and call center solutions in complex networks.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent the team in briefings and in presentations.
* Experience with working in an ITIL v3 or v4 framework to deliver enterprise services etc.
* Effective time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet schedules and deadlines, to multi-task, to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments and pay close attention to detail.
* Familiarity with Agile, DevOps practices and ITIL processes
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
* US Citizen with DHS Public Trust suitability clearance/EOD
* Experience with any DHS agencies or entities
* Experience using ServiceNow in a Tier 1 - 4 support role.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
To succeed as a candidate and within this role, you will need to:
* Demonstrate proven experience (with tangible outcomes and results), a can-do attitude, an ability to influence internal and external customers, and a leadership and communication style required to lead a diverse and dispersed team.
* Embrace and embody GDIT’s of Commitment, Impact, Integrity, Imagination, and Agility.
The position is based in GDIT’s Falls Church, Virginia headquarters, with expected travel to current program locations and new business opportunities across the country. Travel is primarily local travel in the DC metro area for the current portfolio but could potentially expand to both national and overseas locations as the portfolio grows.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.