Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for fleet sailors in support of the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and laboratory simulations supporting the Common Operating Picture - Advanced, C4I System Engineering, and the Over-The-Horizon Targeting C4I Courses. Candidate would serve as a Senior Instructor providing fleet-sailors the knowledge of C4I engineering and interconnection with other C4I systems. When required, the candidate would provide subject matter expertise in support of curriculum development for CSCS courses supporting the operational employment of C4I systems, interfaces, and capabilities and limitations.
1. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy C4I systems capabilities and limitations.
2. Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy C4I engineering capabilities and limitations and U.S. Navy Operational doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of doctrine optimizing the application of the C4I capabilities and limitations in the dynamic operational environment.
3. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors’ abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures, and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
4. Observes and assesses contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
5. Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
6. Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement.
7. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
8. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
9. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
10. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
11. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Five (5) years of experience as an active CSG/ESG GCCS-M Database Manager (DBM) / Common Tactical Picture Manager (CTP-M) using GCCS-M 4.1 Group Level and/or Force Level software. Of the five (5) years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction, and counseling students on academic learning problems is required.
Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Secret security clearance required. Travel may be required up to 10% of time.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.