Provide Systems Administrator (SA) services for the ANG intelligence organization's mission systems and common user communication computer systems. SA services include administration and maintenance of a reliable operation of an intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) unit's mission systems; especially multi-user computers, such as servers.
Assist with oversight of all aspects of day-to-day operations as required, including mission and common user communications system administration, configuration management, maintenance, and training.
Common user communications Services security enclaves includes, the following:
a. NIPRNet as required for weapon system(s) accreditation
b. SIPRNET (Secret Internet Protocol Router Network)
c. JWICS (Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System)
d. CENTRIXS (Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System)
e. NSANet (National Security Agency Network)
- Actively pursue mitigation of all Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) findings on a continuous basis for all systems.
- Protect the root or super-user authenticator at the highest level of data it secures based on security enclave.
- Use special access or privileges granted only to perform authorized tasks and functions.
-Provide system administration, user-level information shall be backed up weekly, system-level information shall be backed up weekly, systems shall be restored as needed, database maintenance shall be conducted as needed, audit records shall be archived onto different media or a different system at least every 30 days, data integrity checks shall be conducted at least daily to keep the weapons systems up-to-date, secure and operational in accordance with NIST 800-53 REV 4.
- Perform user account creation and maintenance, account unlocking and password resets (with government oversight); within approved information systems to maintain user access to the systems within one week of the request.
- Review at least annually all ports, protocols and services to ensure they are in compliance with approved configurations.
- Support Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO) or Time Compliance Network Order (TCNO) instruction compliance activities (including software baseline upgrade support) in accordance with TO 00-5-15 Technical Manual Air Force Time Compliance Technical Order Process dated 14 February 2016.
- Support network administrators with cabling and configuration when adding and removing communications equipment such as routers, and switches.
- Immediately initiate trouble tickets in the approved maintenance data collection system to address maintenance issues.
- Ensure proper protection or corrective measures are immediately taken when an incident or vulnerability is discovered within a system.
-Provide limited emergency operational support if the system is down hard for information system security events involving information systems within their purview.
-Report all suspected or actual security-related incidents to the site Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for up-channeling to the ANG Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and the Air Force Intelligence Community Security Coordination Center (AF IC SCC) in accordance with NIST 800-53 REV 4, Incident Response (IR) control family.
-Perform sanitation, protective, or corrective actions following guidance provided by AF IC SCC, when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
-Complete and submit initial security incident reports to the site ISSM within 2 hours after an event.
-Ensure after-action security incident reports are complete, accurate, and provided in accordance with AF IC SCC direction.
-Support site Configuration Manager with ensuring information systems are documented, operated, maintained, and configured in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in pertinent information systems CONOPS, Configuration Management Plans (CMP), local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and System Security Plans (SSP) as provided by the government.
-Follow procedures identified in the CMP, authorizing installation of software, hardware, and firmware use before implementation on the information system in accordance with the Program and Site Configuration Management Plans.
-Provide technical feedback to CM for updates to site drawings, hardware, and software configuration.
-Provide system administrator support as directed for system maintenance.
-Immediately notify the ISSM of any system configuration changes adversely impacting system security.
-Perform and support installation, integration, and maintenance of a wide variety of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) computer systems, hardware, and software applications and provide replacement options to the Government.
-Provide routine maintenance, in conjunction with site maintenance personnel for prescribed COTS network architecture and equipment.
-Once the equipment is installed and configured, support the management of all network infrastructure for AF DCGS and mission partner networks (i.e. SIPRNET, JWICS, NSANet, CENTRIXS, etc.).
-Use system diagnostic tools to determine the cause of hardware, firmware, and network problems and provide possible solutions. Upon government approval, implement the solutions. All solutions shall conform to form, fit and function criteria.
-Support the government and other contractors to ensure network configurations meet security requirements.
Requires CompTIA Security+ Certification
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.