Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing customers with accesses at the component level. He or she will assist customers with obtaining access to resources such as share drives applications, and proprietary databases, as well as adding customers to Active Directory groups. In addition, he or she will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. The candidate will respond to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution. The preferred candidate must have a willingness to learn new technologies, accept new duties and support dynamic work environment a must. He or she may be required on occasion to support weekend/off-hour tasks that support facility/infrastructure requirements. The candidate must be willing to support non-enterprise mission systems, performing O&M tasks as required, as well as enterprise systems.
1. Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to customer systems, software, and hardware.
2. Responds to email messages from customer seeking assistance.
3. Adds and removes users to groups that grant access to applications approved by management.
4. Investigates and troubleshoots issues.
5. Initiates tickets for any service request or incident involving the customer system.
6. Installs and maps computer peripherals for users.
7. Follows up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
8. Writes training manuals and user guides and other system documentation.
9. Installs, modifies, and repairs computer hardware and software including networking gear.
10. Creates accounts on managed systems and resets passwords.
11. Cleans up and rebuilds computers.
12. Supports program logistics, procurement and property accountability.
13. Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviews system and application logs, and verifies completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
14. Maintains standalone systems (patches, virus dats, etc. )
15. Performs on-going performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
16. Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
17. Contributes to and maintains system standards.
18. Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
19. Runs diagnostic programs to resolve issues, and provides analytic reporting of systems security or preformance issues.
20. Resolves technical issues with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
21. Runs reports to determine malfunctions and performance that continue to occur.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.