Cloud Based Services
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
GDIT is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to provide support for the Defense Enterprise Office Solution (DEOS) Cloud Service Offering contract. This position is 100% remote.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will serve as a technology expert; overseeing the design, documentation, implementation and management of IT services for a cloud deployed capability. You will manage highly available and secure services between cloud deployed software and cloud collaboration services.
HOW AN INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
Provides guidance on installation, configuration and maintenance of virtual hosts, operating systems, applications and databases.
Maintains ownership of high availability, high security IT operations.
Develops and presents IT infrastructure standard operating procedures to senior management. Reviews and approves periodic status updates on scheduled maintenance and upgrade of all infrastructure systems.
Troubleshoots operating systems, network, storage, identity, virtualization, software and application issues to identify bottleneck in operations and provides recommendations to ensure optimum performance and continuity of critical systems.
Recognized for ability to develop in-depth knowledge of a specific product or families of enterprise applications, such as Enterprise IT management products, and associated applications interface technologies.
Utilizes technical area expertise to assess the operational and/or technical baseline of an organization as specifically associated with its functional components.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED – REQUIRED:
● CLEARANCE: Secret
● CERTIFICATION: IAT Level II
● EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
● YEAR’S EXPERIENCE: 6 years’ experience
● TECHNICAL SKILLS: Azure, O365
● TECHNICAL SKILLS: Cloud Platforms and Infrastructure
● TECHNICAL SKILLS: Expertise in implementing Azure architectures, ideally for DoD customers, including the following: Azure Active Directory, ADFS, Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings, Windows Server, Azure Networking
● TECHNICAL SKILLS: Implementing DoD security guidance
● SKILLS & ABILITIES: Prior DoD Experience
● LOCATION: Remote
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED – DESIRED:
● SKILLS & ABILITIES: Prior DISA Experience
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you build your skills and own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and 10 company-paid holidays
6 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
The likely salary range for this position is $112,000 - $168,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.