The Systems Engineer will provide end-to-end service support for Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Active Directory, and Identity Management. Acts as part of an Office 365 focused Infrastructure team that is responsible for operational support and service delivery of these managed enterprise services. Works on service delivery initiatives that improve the availability and performance of the managed services. Participates in troubleshooting complex incidents with other infrastructure teams. Develops documentation and implementation of technology policies, procedures, and standards associated with Office 365 services.
Provide end-to-end service support for Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Active Directory, and Identity Management, including Tier III/Tier IV service desk support
Participate in service delivery initiatives needed to improve the availability, security and performance of the managed services
Lead or participate in troubleshooting complex incidents with other infrastructure teams
Participate in the adherence, planning, and analysis of the operational budget for managed services
Assist in managing business relationships across internal teams, vendors, and 3rd party providers as needed to deliver managed services
Assist in developing and maintaining standard operating procedures and run books for managed services
Monitor the operation of managed services
Communicate with the customer to keeping them informed of operational status, progress on agreed deliverables, and notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Understand customer’s regulatory requirements and security interdependencies affecting managed services
Strive to be a knowledgeable resource to the organizations management team that provides leadership and direction
Aspire to maintain and improve client satisfaction and loyalty by providing professional and timely support and service
Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
· Three () or more years of IT knowledge and demonstrated hands-on experience in systems administration of different technologies, preferably at least two of those listed below
· Core technical skills to actively work directly with team to deliver highly available and secure services
· Strong written and oral communications
· Must possess strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively relate to customer needs
· ITIL foundations certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months desired
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Social Science
Experience with two or more of the following technologies:
· Office 365
· Exchange Server
· Active Directory
· Microsoft Azure
· Skype for Business Server
· Identity Management and Account Provisioning (Sailpoint/Savyint)
· Windows Server (2008/2012)
· VMWare or other virtualization software
***A Public Trust will be required for this position.
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or the start date, if after December 8.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.