Performs NDT Inspection on shipboard welds and a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards. Job Description 1. Trained and Qualified in Nondestructive Testing (Visual, Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Inspection) with 3-5 years’ experience in U.S. Navy shipboard/Submarine NDT Inspections. 2. Develops QA Workbooks. Computer skills in Work and Excel required.
3. Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards.
4. Records and analyzes data and writes summaries and reports to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
5. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO standards and NAVSEA Standard Items.
6. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures.
7. Maintains appropriate documentation related to quality assurance tests and inspections.
8. Provides quality training.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
10. Guides and directs employees in quality improvement efforts.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Electrical Cableway and Connector knowledge a plus.
13. May require professional, technical, or company certification(s), depending on job assignment.
14. Some travel may be required depending on task.
15. Trained in Navy Basic Paint Inspector is a plus.
16. Knowledge in Welder Qualification is a plus.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
3+ years of applicable experience.
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or the start date, if after January 18. Individuals who work in or reside in Texas or Montana or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.