We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges.
GDIT is your place. Make it your own by discovering new ways to securely and expertly apply the latest technology. Own your opportunity at GDIT and you’ll be a meaningful part of improving how agencies operate.
Our work depends on a Linux Web Systems Administrator to join our team to support our government client activities in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Required Specialized Skills:
1. Proficiency in system administration for Linux Operating Systems operating on RHEL servers, Apache Web Server, Windows Servers, and/or IIS. This includes promoting new software development packages through a Development, Staging and Production environment. builds administration of user accounts, information assurance, and network security.
2. Experience with creating and modifying scripts. Write code for update queries, update data dictionaries as new fields are added to the database, and maintain a data correction log.
3. Security+ Certification Required.
4. Ability to provide support for data within MS SQL/MySQL/MariaDB databases.
5. Participates in the design, maintenance, troubleshooting, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
6. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
7. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
8. Tests and troubleshoots designed applications and their database connections.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and vendors best security practices as assigned.
10. Active TS/SCI Poly clearance
Preferred Skills, Qualifications or Experience:
1. Must have basic familiarity with operating Linux operating systems from the Command Line (no GUI available)
2. Experience or Training in Apache Web Server, IIS Web Server, WordPress, MediaWiki, and/or Programming Languages is highly desirable
4. Minimum of 4 years of experience in one of the following areas: Active Directory, SharePoint, Linux/Unix, or Web Development
5. Must possess strong troubleshooting and customer service/communication (written and oral) skills as this position requires direct contact with customers
6. Minimum of 1 year of Customer Service experience
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.