GDIT has an exciting opportunity available for an Administrative Assistant CECOM CFE South West Asia supporting our Regional Support Center in SWA at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.
The role supports the Regional Support Center supporting our customer service and organizational strength and is crucial to effective and efficient day-to-day operations. This position requires a self-starter who enjoys working with people, and able to follow instructions clearly but also able to make command decisions on the spot in order to achieve the aims of the organization.
Serves as the Administrative Assistant in the Office of the Senior Command Representative for G3 CECOM Forward Element (CFE) SWA for 401st AFSB. As administrative assistant responsible for performing office management, logistical, and critical interagency coordination duties, to include functions that enhance administrative, internal and external communications, and office automation support that consist of using a variety of processes and methods.
1. In/Out processing: Tracks inbound and outbound personnel arrival and departure dates. Ensures that all requirements for CECOM personnel entering and exiting theater is tracked and packets are created for each employee to ensure a timely transition into and out of theater. Requirement such as but not limited to, computer access, meal cards, ID-cards, fuel memos, vehicle lot passes etc. are prepared and provided to personnel upon arrival into theater.
2. Office Management: Manages and updates the PERSTAT (Daily/Weekly) to include the CECOM LAR locator Maps; Manages conference coordination (SVTC/Meet Me/ Meeting), calendar management and synchronization; utilizing Microsoft Office products in creating memorandums, reports, spreadsheets/graphs, etc., to include handling multi priorities and requirements supporting the SCR G3 CECOM Forward Element (CFE) SWA for 401st AFSB.
3. VISA/PASSPORT: Works with CECOM LAD and local Visa/Passport office to ensure that personnel coming into theater meet theater specific requirement for Visa/Passports. Ensures that passport/and visa expiration dates are tracked for all incoming and outgoing personnel. Works with 401st Iraqi BN for all red packets for personnel movement into Iraq.
4. Awards/Letter of Release (LOR)/Letter of Input (LOI): Ensures that personnel exiting theater have been provided with appropriate award with input from SCR/TBs/MTs on ground. Processes awards and LORs within required timeframe, ensuring that adequate time is allowed for completion of award through various approval levels.
5. ROOMS: Ensures rooms are maintained for incoming CECOM Personnel and keeps tracks of when personnel exit theater for follow-on room support. Works with lodging office and 401st AFSB S4 to block off rooms for VIP/DV visits.
6. Other duties, as assigned by Senior Command in accordance with 401st AFSB’s Mission.
The Ideal Candidate must have:
An active U.S. Government SECRET clearance.
High school diploma (BS/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred) and 3 years related experience.
Candidate must have 2+ years remaining on passport.
Passport must obtain 6 blank pages together.
Strong attention to detail.
Ability to stay calm under pressure.
Ability to Work Without Supervision, juggle tasks, and prioritize.
Excellent Time Management Skills.
Methodical, organized, and thorough approach to work.
Valid driver's license.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Ability to meet internal paperwork requirements.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
Experience of working to deadlines and dealing with changing priorities.
Experience interacting with a wide range of people in a customer facing environment.
Proven track record of customer service, including face to face, phone and email communication.
Proven track record of effectively working as part of a team and establishing good working relationships with others.
Ability to use independent judgment when there are no policies or procedures in place.
Ability to use suitable software to create, run and filter reports.
Ability to research, analyze and prepare materials to a high standard.
Ability to work on own initiative and problem solve.
Ability to speak in a confident manner.
Experience working in hostile and austere environments.
Experience in a forward-facing customer support role.
Commitment to continuous improvement of work and self-development.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.