Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Business Process Consultant, Technical Writer. This role requires an experienced technical writer who is responsible for researching, analyzing, and creating technical documentation such as end user guides, process/procedure documentation, training materials, website content, and technical communications. An attention to detail and correct usage of formatting, grammar and spelling is a must. Also, the role requires a strong ability to learn quickly and understand technical language and terminology around the products and systems being supported. Must be able to work independently in a team environment and be flexible around evolving needs while managing both schedule and overall commitments in order to meet project deliverables. Applies government-instituted processes for documentation, change control management and data management.
Principal Duties / Responsibilities
· Researches and compiles technical data for use in various operation and maintenance manuals, training materials, installation guides, and other technical documentation.
· Obtains data from review of documentation, interviews with client and project personnel, drawings, schematics, and reports, and the study of published material. Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables.
· Develops outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and project management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations.
· Translates technical information into clear, readable documentation to be used by both technical and non-technical users. Documentation includes technical documents, including business proposals, reports, user manuals, briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements.
· Proofreads and provides feedback on materials prepared by peers.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Qualifications
· Must have effective written communications skills including formatting and grammar.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices involved in technical research and writing.
· Knowledge of and ability to use various word-processing and/or desktop publishing software applications.
· Familiarity with remediation of technical documentation to comply with accessibility standards such as 508 compliance.
· Experience with a human-centered design approach is preferable.
· Experience/background with DoD IT operations and/or government contracting is desirable.
· The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
· Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
· General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minimum Education Required:
· BA/BS degree. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: Six (6) years of related experience or four (4) years of related experience with an AA/AS degree.
Minimum Experience Required:
· At least four (4) years of experience in management, technical or business analysis disciplines.
· Experience in analyzing program/project status and providing documentation to support project/program.
· Experience with ITSM based services.
· ITIL 4 Foundation Certified
Security Clearance: Secret clearance.
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or the start date, if after January 18. Individuals who work in or reside in Texas or Montana or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.