General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking an Information Assurance Engineer Senior to support our Navy customer in Crane Indiana.
If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has many excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you. Be a part of the men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Knowledge of DoD HBSS McAfee suite to include installation, monitoring, and maintenance in an Enterprise environment
2. Be well versed in all McAfee HBSS components, including but not limited to: AV, HIP, HIP Firewall, FIM, App Whitelisting, DLP, etc.
3. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Knowledge and familiarity with DISA STIGs, particular pertaining to HBSS and SQL
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows workstations and servers, including Windows 10, 2012, 2016 (Server Core and Desktop Experience)
9. Manage system resource in the monitoring of performance, capacity, availability, serviceability and recoverability
10. Implement security procedures, resolve hardware and software interface and interoperability problems
11. Ensure system availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency, and maintain system configuration and documentation
12. Manage and maintain enterprise level servers and infrastructure
13. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
14. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
15. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training, work experience, & professional certifications
5+ years of directly related experience in systems administration and security analysis.
CASP, CISSP, or CISM – Preferred
Experience with analyzing and enhancing operational procedures and new innovative solutions to address current and emerging IT challenge
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support of related hardware and software
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.