The Test Engineer will have overall responsibility in the performance of the software test plan development and execution.
Required Experience/Skills/Certifications: Minimum of eight (8) or more years of relevant experience in an Enterprise IT environment:
• Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related academic focus area
• Must have a Quality Assurance Institute (QAI) Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE) certification
• Experience developing and implementing efficient and effective testing strategies, test conditions and test scripts for projects
• Experience ensuring appropriate testing coverage and requirements traceability through the creation, implementation and enhancement of comprehensive test plans, test cases/user stories, test steps and test automation
• Experience defining clear expectations for all testing tasks, including inputs and outputs
• Experience implementing test tools to support automation and performance testing
• Experience developing and executing test plans, test cases, scripts, and creating test data for Agile Software Development team; including functional, integration, regression, data integrity and stress testing as well as assisting with user acceptance
• Experience identifying gaps and deficiencies in business requirements, technical specifications, designs and testing documentation for completeness and testability
• Experience tracking defects and reporting key metrics for proactively identifying areas for improvement
• Experience coordinating the setup of test environments for all planned test execution activities
• Experience managing the change processes such as build promotions to Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) and Production environments
• Proven ability to decompose requirements into detailed test cases for functional and regression test execution
• Experience with software testing types and methods to support Agile Software Development
• Technical proficiency with SQL including the ability to create queries to validate data integrity and other data constraints
• Experience with all aspects of configuration management planning including configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, configuration audits, configuration documentation
• Experience facilitating effective interaction and coordination between government Project Leads
• Experience identifying resource constraints and other potential schedule issues and risks
• Experience implementing testing and configuration management methodologies to support continuous integration
• Experience managing integrated teams to support sprint planning
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.