Systems Technician's play an important role and help resolve issues either proactively or reactively (when asked) before they become a larger problem within mission critical Intelligence IT Dependent systems and help prevent a normal everyday mission execute successfully.
GDIT is proud to support this program and are looking for 'like minded' system support individuals interested in performing in this type of mission critical environment. THis role can vary from fielding incoming queries to taking proactive steps to improve security within network and enterprise. The functions and day to day can vary and can often change pace rapidly, so preference is for individuals that can adapt and are seeking a challenging, fast paced environment!
Functions of this role involves tasks such as:
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
7. Shift work is required. May participates in special projects as required.
Associate's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
","3-5 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
Must have the following certifications:
DoD 8570 Level 2 or higher (i.e. SSCP, CCNA-S Security+ etc.)
(Preferred prior to consideration/interview-if you plan to obtain one, please still apply)
Note, we have training dollars available for other certifications that may be required to be obtained once hired.
If you are interested and having difficulty applying, please send resume directly to Robert.Cellich@gdit.com
IT Support, Break Fix, Customer Service, ADPE, Specialist, Advanced, Senior, Desktop, Software, Hardware, A+, Network+, "hands on", fast paced, troubleshooting
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.