General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator / LINUX for our Naval customer in Crane Indiana.
If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
As a Linux Systems Administrator you will be involved in operating system and application maintenance and configuration, from acquisition to maintenance intervals and upgrades, to end of life planning. You will be responsible for security and configuration compliance and will work with other members of the IT System Administration Team, vendor management, IT Asset Owners and other teams associated with the division. As part of your responsibilities, you will be asked to respond to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT system assistance, data and information.
The Sr. System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements. Provide data and assistance on audits. Document processes and follow documented procedures. Perform installation, updates, and configuration of servers and workstations in accordance with industry best practices and DISA standards.
Perform system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health. Assists with the analysis of system resource trends and gathers customer requirements for capacity planning.
Responsible for maintaining an effective, efficient authentication and data storage system, works to ensure that the storage area network provides several expected benefits: Storage and restore operations must appropriately store information for later retrieval and keep such information appropriately secured. Additionally, system authentication protocols must be established, updated, and analyzed; the systems also must be optimized and waste minimal resources.
Collaborates with senior personnel in performing risk assessments to determine impact on customer business processes and systems downtime and proposes changes as needed. Implements system changes across large, complex and diverse server environments by using standardized defined methods and procedures; provides efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations.
· Install and administer hardware, Linux operating systems and software applications. Including system fixes, updates and enhancements.
· Install, configure, support and maintain storage area networks and associated technology.
· Administer networks, servers and associated schedules.
· Manage computer and user accounts, privileges and system access.
· Manage system resources by monitoring of performance, capacity, availability, serviceability and recovery.
· Manage, transform and provide user access to large datasets.
· Performs troubleshooting, analysis of alerts and repairs on systems.
· Ensure system availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency, and maintain system configuration and documentation.
· Implement security procedures, CS assessment & authorization security controls in accordance with local and DOD procedures and requirements.
· Provide IT support for workstations, scanners and servers to ensure that operability requirements are up to date with latest patches and firmware and that the hardware is configured properly.
· Provide IT support for current and emerging technologies.
· Attention to detail with the ability to identify issues or inconsistencies; obtains relevant information, relates and compares data from different sources and identifies alternative solutions.
· Ownership and execution of incident management and system maintenance.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, and work experience.
5+ years of experience with Linux System Administration and analysis
Experience with VMware or other Virtual Environment platforms
Familiarity with Shell Scripting (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby) and Secure communication protocols (SSH, TLS)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.