Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in one or more business support functions within the organization, including remote support functions to all users of all levels utilizing a specialized application. Provides not only individual but also group support for the specialized application. Support is provided via e-mail, telephone and in person. Provide data analytics of application utilization, support requests and offer solutions for improved performance and application optimization. Under indirect supervision, responsible for providing technical expertise and instruction according to customer specific standards. Analyzes System and Network related information and interprets it into useable instruction/training materials for both internal and external users. Develops courseware/content in specific technical subject matter area. Provides advise to customers with hardware and software problems. Also, provides technical and training input for development of training proposals.
Responsible for supporting all aspects of the of the USACE ENGLink Help Desk operations and assists with all training activities located in Mobile Alabama.
Must be able to communicate clearly and provide courteous customer service, both in person and virtually.
Will receive trouble requests via walk-ups, calls, or through email and enter requests into a trouble ticket tracking system
Must possess strong troubleshooting skills for USACE’s EM Application and Database (ENGLink)
Provide support and training to other technicians and end users of the ENGLink Application and Database
Will provide technical managerial support for the USACE ENGLink users accounts.
1. Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in one or more business support functions within the organization, including contracts, facilities planning, finance, logistics, property management, purchasing and/or security.
2. May perform tasks relative to the control of company and/or government property assigned to the organization.
3. May perform facilities planning activities, including coordinating the storage and movement of furniture, systems, and equipment.
4. May act as facility security officer to ensure compliance with company, customer and government security regulations and procedures.
5. May maintain financial databases, analyze data, and develop reports.
6. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced administrative staff.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
8. Researches, prepares and edits technical documents for publication, including users manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
9. Reviews, researches, and edits information for preparation of contract deliverables.
10. Ensures documents meet editorial and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
11. Interfaces with writers, illustrators, word processors, and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the edited draft for publication.
12. Participates in the creation of proposals and multi-media presentation materials.
13. Participates in the design and development of marketing brochures, conference programs, public relations announcements, and other materials when requested.
14. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
Successful candidate will have over 10 years of experience and an MA/MS Degree. Candidate will typically work on highly visible or mission critical aspects of the ENGLink Program and performs all functional duties independently. Candidate my oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Candidate will under indirect supervision, assists in developing and monitoring assigned department budget and risk management efforts directly supporting DoD Enterprise infrastructure and infostructure IT goals and projects. Can include tasks associated with receiving, distributing, or shipping of materials. Must process strategic planning skills and have a thorough understanding of internal & external compliance policies. Accurately completes paperwork or system transactions application to function, such as documentation of material movement (i.e., Receipt, Shop Order, and Packing Lists). Ability to organize, plan and & schedule work with minimal supervision.
10 years experience interacting with and in the support of DoD, US Army or USACE, performing help desk or other technical support functions to include training and analytics.
Experience with Agile / SCRUM software development methodology.
Prior EM experience preferred.
Prior ENGLink experience preferred.
MA/MS Degree in technical discipline or training or analytics.
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or the start date, if after December 8.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.