The candidate will serve as the department service asset and configuration management internal auditor, responsible for maintaining positive control of all Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Corporate Furnished Equipment (CFE) assigned to the Configuration Management Department. The candidate will concurrently assist in maintaining accountability for all GFE assigned to the MSC Afloat IT Support Project by:
• Conducting weekly book-to-floor and floor-to-book audits of randomly selected GFE located at the primary work office.
• Conducting quarterly audits of all GFE assigned.
• Conducting annual audits of all GFE assigned.
• Updating MARD administrator with copies of all asset movement documentation.
• Maintaining printed and electronic copies of all documentation in established filing systems.
The candidate will serve as the Project Software Librarian and be responsible for:
• Maintaining physical copies of the approved software library.
• Maintaining software license records for all approved software.
• Interacting with the government customer on a regular basis to maintain up-to-date records regarding software licensing and procurement.
• Maintaining records of license controlled software and reports usage against each ship’s Approved Software List and Authorized Software Level.
• Distributing software to authorized administrators for installation in the fleet.
Additionally the candidate will provide reference services and assistance to the Configuration Management department and organize and classify archival records to make it easy to find configuration documentation.
Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential. Strong organizational, management, analytical, and math skills needed. Must be customer focused. Project management experience a plus
Reports to the Configuration Management Department Head
IAT Level II certification required as well as SECRET clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.