Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
This role includes, but is not limited to:
• Monitoring LAN, MAN, WAN and responding to hardware, software, and network problems.
o (e.g., Smokeping, Nagios, ISE, Splunk, Forescout, InfoBlox)
• Interfacing with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
o Opening trouble tickets with the telco carriers and vendors through resolution.
o (e.g., Verizon, Lumen, ATT, Esnet, Cisco)
• Utilizing repository of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance activities during your shift.
o (e.g., Shift Change Over, Service Now tickets)
• Analyzes network traffic and escalating any observed anomalies to Tier 3 Network Operations Engineers for action.
• Supporting non-standard shifts and non-standard work weeks.
o 12 hour rotating shifts
o (e.g., Every other Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
• Primary place of duty will be located at the Department of Energy Germantown, Maryland Complex.
o With some Telework authorized as needed by your Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: BA/BS or equivalent, 2+ years of experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.