GDIT is seeking a portal developer for work on a COTS based portal built on Cherwell Service Manager. The developer will implement new features and maintain the production instance of a portal which provides a business work flow for ordering cloud services to the US Navy. The successful candidate will have experience developing custom solutions in COTS products. Experience with Cherwell is preferred, but alternative platforms such as ServiceNow are acceptable. The individual should have experience with development methodologies, cloud, and working in a Windows environment.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Location: San Diego, CA
1. Develop new features in the portal as defined by the customer
2. Maintain the portal current capabilities
3. Respond to customer reported issues and defects
4. Participate in all planning sessions to determine requirements
5. Maintain all DoD STIG standards and requirements
6. Maintain infrastructure and servers in the cloud
7. Work with the customer and DevOps team to integrate the portal with the infrastructure in support of SSO, Load-balancing, security services, etc.
8. Follow US Navy processes and procedures for change management and ATO requirements
9. Be able to present options and recommendations to the customer
10. Perform other duties as necessary
1. BS or equivalent experience
2. 2 to 4 years of experience working in COTS development
3. Experience using Industry Standard SecDevOps tools
4. Experience with Windows Server
5. Experience with Agile Development
6. Good written and verbal communication skills
7. General understanding of IT industry best practices
8. Ability to work off hours for scheduled work or to support an on-call rotation
9. Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
10. Ability to maintain standing within the Cyber Security Workforce within 30 days
11. US Citizenship
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.