Receives and stores materials in a warehouse or storage facility.
Expected to execute dock and lift gate safety at all times. Training is provided for all equipment processes and procedures. Understanding of Shipping Order Numbers (SONs) and labels Validate material received against packing lists/manifests. Ensure all contents are properly accounted for. Inspect all received shipments for damages before signing for material and report any damage as appropriate. Will perform sorting, staging, and storing of material movements for the next destination. Must receive forklift certification within 45 days and maintain certification. Update databases. Basic computer skills. Prior experience moving over-sized material is a plus. Willingness to work in alternate locations to accommodate relocation/office move requirements. Willingness to work after hours to complete office move requirements.
1. Receives and stores materials in a warehouse or storage facility in an organized manner and convenient location for removal when needed.
2. Marks or tags articles as necessary for identification purposes.
3. Retrieves stored material when requested, transports it to the requester, and returns material to storage as required.
4. Develops and maintains effective warehouse storage practices that promote efficient storage, identification and retrieval.
5. Maintains warehouse and shipping records and may use automated warehouse management system.
6. May operate hand and power equipment, including forklift, for material handling.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
1-3 years of related warehouse experience.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.