GDIT is seeking a Systems Engineer to help support our Code 50 White Collar program.
As a Systems Engineer, for our Code 50 White Collar program in Philadelphia, PA you will be responsible designs, develops, tests and evaluates electrical, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems. Provides innovative methods and technical solutions using the engineering design process. Plans implementation of enhancements.
In this role, a typical day will include:
· Performs engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
· Analyzes customer requirements and provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
· Maintains equipment and/or systems integrity while ensuring compliance with policies.
· Coordinates the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
· Provides guidance and leadership to less-experienced engineering personnel.
· Active Secret Clearance
· Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineer or Marine Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
· (5) years of professional experience within industry as a systems, electrical, marine and/or electronics engineer
· Security + CE certification
· Two (2) years of professional experience within industry acting as a lead engineer
· Three (3) years of professional experience troubleshooting hardware/software systems
· One (1) year of professional experience reading electrical schematics.
· One (1) year of professional experience troubleshooting network based systems.
· Experience with hardware design, research and development and manufacturing.
· Experience with various types of interfaces: RS232, RS435, Profibus, TCPIP, ethernet.
· Experience with embedded CPUs.
· Knowledge of JIRA or Confluence.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.