Computer Security Exploits
Information System Security
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Apprentice Red Cyber Operator
Own your career as an Apprentice Red Cyber Operator at GDIT. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to serve on a team that performs assessments from an adversarial viewpoint, using a full-spectrum of adversarial capabilities . Your work as an Apprentice Red Cyber Operator at GDIT will have an impact on securing our clients’ missions and ensuring we anticipate the threats of tomorrow.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Apprentice Red Cyber Operator you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Apprentice Red Cyber Operators joining our team to perform integrated, multidisciplinary assessments that identify vulnerabilities of critical DoD systems, networks, architectures and assets.
AS AN APPRENTICE RED CYBER OPERATOR YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Executes computer network operations against official U.S. government organizations worldwide for the purpose of strengthening information system security, identifying potential intrusions and vulnerabilities, and recommending mitigation strategies.
● Expertly utilizes offensive computer network expertise to emulate a potential adversary's cyber reconnaissance and exploitation techniques and attack capabilities against a targeted mission, system, network, component, or capability on behalf of senior DoD stakeholders.
●Demonstrate and apply expert knowledge of offensive cyber concepts and methods such as passive and active reconnaissance, infiltration, internal network pivoting and exploration, and data exfiltration in order to emulate adversarial actions and attacks and expose vulnerabilities when conducting red cyber assessments.
● Maintain operational, technical, and authoritative situational awareness during threat emulation-based exploitation and operations.
● Produce and present formal and informal reports, briefings, and perspectives on adversarial behavior and attacks against target systems, technologies, operations, and missions
● Write high-level technical reports and develop briefings documenting findings, concerns, trends, and implications
● Build and develop assessment specific tools to better emulate adversarial threats and attacks, and demonstrate and exploit vulnerabilities to sensitive mission critical networks and systems
●Analyze operational TTPs and creates tools and scripts to automate and expand capabilities and advance red cyber operational processes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Technical Training, Certification(s) or Degree
● Required Experience: 1+ years of related experience
● Required Technical Skills: IAT Level III Certification
● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI
● Required Skills and Abilities: Strong technical and problem solving skills; Strong oral and written communication skills
● Preferred Skills: Training and Experience in Red Cyber Operations; Red Team Apprentice Course (RTAC); Red Team Journeyman Course (RTJC); Certified Red Team Operator (CRTO); Offensive Solar Winds Certified Professional (OSCP); Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Exploit Researcher & Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN); GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN); and/or GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester
● Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
●US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
1 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN) - Global Information Assurance Certification - GIAC
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.