work depends on a Systems Engineering joining our team to
support our government client’s activities in the SouthWest locations.
Provides engineering support, tests, administers, and troubleshoots IT system issues. Develops engineering assessments of different configurations. including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules. Coordinates with the Project and/or Program Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction. Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations. Prepares milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives. Seeking a strong analytical and problem solving System Engineer with proven ability to multi-task and to prioritize rapidly-changing task assignments. Strong communication skills and the ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
· Successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with Software Engineering.
· Knowledge of identity management tools is a plus.
· Must have:
· RHEL 7.X Experience
· Active Directory Experience
· Java Development
· Web Development
· GPO/Admin Design
· 5 or more years engineering experience in the design, development and implementation of software development tools to include developing and testing software solutions; analyzing system performance standards, analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; conferring with users and management to derive system requirements; problem investigation and resolution
· Engineering experience with Microsoft Active Directory to include: Granting privileged Access, Configuring Active Directory Services (ADDS), Group Policy, Objects, Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), File Sharing services, Active roles Server (ARS). Must have Intermediate RHEL 7.X Experience. Intermediate Java Programming as well as Web Development.
· Experience providing Tier 2 or 3 support in an enterprise level, globally distributed environment
· Experience creating quality Detailed Design documents, Test Plans, Implementation Plans and Standard Operating Procedures
· Demonstrated aptitude for learning and rapidly mastering new applications and technology
Required Education & Experience:
· Bachelors + 5 years’ experience OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
· Must have one of the following DoD approved certifications to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED
· Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, growth-focused environment
· Must have active TS/SCI with poly to be considered
Discover more at gdit.com/careers
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or veteran status, or any other protected class.
At GDIT, our "People First" culture commits to every employee feeling valued and supported throughout their career. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package – including programs focused on financial, physical, emotional and social well-being – demonstrates this commitment.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.