Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
GDIT is seeking a Lead System Administrator/Engineer in support of the Headquarters, US Army Medical Research and Development Command (HQ USAMRDC) for Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) Support Services at Fort Detrick, Maryland.
Lead System Administrator/Engineer shall oversee and maintain platform support for servers operating Windows or LINUX in a physical or virtual (VMware) environment.
• Provide support with other team members to develop an overarching architectural plan for the data center.
• Implements Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) directives, security updates, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patches based on guidance from Army/DHA or higher authority.
• Provide email and web software support.
• Manage storage devices and networks; perform system backups to ensure expedient restoration of systems and databases.
• Provide comprehensive support functions at two user locations with dedicated resources.
• The on-site support provides various levels of desktop and server support to the end-user customer.
• 5+ years' experience required
• Bachelor's degree required
• Security + Certification preferred
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.