* Prepares, creates, reviews, and revises AutoCAD drawings such as Installation Requirements Drawings (IRD), engineering drawings, and models.
* Perform internal reviews of IRD, engineering, and model AutoCAD drawings prior to customer submission for accuracy and consistency throughout the drawing package.
* Efficiently use computer-aided drafting tools to create and edit Installation Requirements Drawings (IRD), engineering drawings, and 3D models.
* Review IRD's to ensure compliance with applicable standards
* Be responsible to various data calls to provide requested information, including sources, assessments, and reasoning
* Perform project model setups and updates under the direction of the engineering staff.
* Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts and Project Engineers and provide reporting to Task Leads.
* Work as part of a team, and be responsible for the accurate creation of IRD drawing packages, engineering drawings, and models through collaboration with project SMEs and designers.
* Utilize established Standards and SOPs.
* Self-check own work and engage with supervisors to identify quality improvement opportunities.
Mandatory Skill Requirements (must have):
* Functional knowledge and completed course of instruction for AutoCAD software and familiar with traditional drafting methods.
* Experience in creating AutoCAD drawings such as network interconnectivity diagrams, elevations, electrical, and mechanical details.
* Experience updating existing AutoCAD drawing "red lines" to current state.
* Requires organization skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas visually.
* Proficient in the MS Office Suite software, and especially MS Excel.
* Ability to apply basic math skills to compute scaling and formulas.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret technical documents.
* Perform job duties under deadlines/scheduling commitments.
* Effective verbal and written communication internally and externally.
Desired Skill Requirements:
* Familiarity with networking diagrams, concepts, and components.
* Familiarity with AutoCAD Dynamic Blocks and Attributes.
* Familiarity with AutoCAD tables, MS Excel spreadsheets, and efficient transfer of data between them
Education: Associate's degree or equivalent experience and 1+ years of experience.
AutoCAD curriculum desired. Completion of a certificate program with a focus on drafting.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.