Guard Enterprise Cyber Operations Support (GECOS) – Asset and Configuration Manager
THIS POSITION ALLOWS FOR UP TO 2 DAYS REMOTE WORK A WEEK
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
GDIT has an opening for an Asset and Configuration Manager supporting the Army National Guard (ARNG) in Falls Church, VA. This is an IT Service Management contract in support of the operation, modernization, expansion, and further evolution of the ARNG’s global Information Technology (IT) services including networking, compute, storage, infrastructure, applications, hosting, and program management services. The GECOS program supports the ARNG enterprise IT infrastructure, its Wide Area Network (WAN), authentication and directory services, cybersecurity, application hosting, and associated services. GECOS uses ITIL best practices framework as the basis for IT Service Management (ITSM) model. The work includes the following:
· Operating the DoDIN-Army (National Guard) (DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-Secret (S) networks and maintaining service delivery and cybersecurity of DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and computing services.
· Supporting the DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and associated computing services from requirement identification to service retirement / replacement.
· Providing support to the 54 supported organizations (i.e., 50 states, three territories, and the District of Columbia) to ensure flexible and responsive operation and defense of the network. Some OCONUS travel might be required.
· Provides full life cycle Service Asset and Configuration Management services that align to the ITIL-based framework and ensures all relevant IT asset data and change-in-status is captured and updated in the ITSM system at each stage of the asset life cycle.
· Recommends and establishes an effective technology life cycle that spans from IT asset selection, operation, refresh, migration, and optimization to the retirement and disposal of the asset.
· Manages the license, warranty, and support contracts of all assets supporting the RCC-NG and DCO-NG
· Monitors and optimizes IT asset utilization through established methods and procedures.
· Automates processes to update, track, and maintain assets in the CMDB and ITSM ticketing system
· Forecasts IT asset demand and planning for increases and decreases in demand, including asset refresh schedules and software renewal cycles.
· Manages SOPs for verifying and auditing the accuracy and completeness of the system of record and Asset Refresh Schedule for each device classification and purchase classification in accordance with the Government-approved process and policies.
· Ensures all Service Level Agreements (SLA)s are met IAW with approved GECOS SLOs.
· BS and a minimum of 5 years of relevant IT experience including a minimum of 2 years performing Asset and Configuration Management
· Experience managing services against SLAs on a DoD TO/contract
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.