Develops; organizes; and conducts Combat Systems / Operations training and educational programs for personnel assigned to Littoral Combat Ships. Must be capable of conducting conventional knowledge-based classroom teaching and performance/scenario-based laboratory training. The candidate would serve as a Senior Instructor to train LCS sailors in tactical employment of the LCS combat system and associated weapons systems, system capabilities and limitations, employment of automated systems, mission planning and execution, and tactical communications. When required, the candidate would provide subject matter expertise in support of curriculum development for LCS courses supporting ship handling and navigation training.
1. Must be prepared to support the Train to Qualify (T2Q) and Train to Certify (T2C) process utilizing shore-based trainer requiring dynamic assessment of watchstanders during integrated scenarios.
2. Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
3. Supports Formal Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis and provides formal feedback / recommendations for Course improvement.
4. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
5. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
6. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
7. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Primary instruction in LCS-1 Tactical Action Officer (TAO) Capstone and LCS-1 Crew Certification Training. Additional trainer support required to act as Warfare Commander in scenario lab based environments.
10. Candidate will be required to support a second shift work schedule on a rotational basis.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Seven (7) years of experience all facets of combat systems tactical employment to include the management of combat systems personnel, planning and direction of Navy Surface, Air and Subsurface Warfare mission requirements, and Command and Control of shipboard combat operations. Of the seven years, one (1) year of experience as an Instructor/Trainer/Evaluator in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
Experience as a qualified TAO and/or a Master/Afloat Training Specialist in support of CSCS/TACTRAGRU/ATG is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be required up to 10% of time.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.