Supports the PMA-290 Program Office and their foreign partner countries particularly Taiwan by providing FMS logistics support through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
1. Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
2. Develops logistics plans in order to enhance operations and readiness.
3. Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
4. Conducts analyses to ensure logistics resources are identified, acquired and delivered to meet program objectives and schedules.
5. Drafts responses to action items and correspondence.
6. Analyze Intermediate and Depot level maintenance capabilities in an effort to improve efficiency.
7. Liaise with the Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) to determine, source and track spare parts for P-3 aircraft.
8.Assist in the maintenance of technical publications including the management of Interim Rapid Action Changes (IRACs).
9. Assist in the management of the Repair and Return (RoR) process.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies, policies and procedures.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related experience in logistics. P-8 experience desired.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.