Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
• Paints, stains, enamels, varnishes, lacquers and redecorates interior and exterior surfaces.
• Mixes paint and matches colors to achieve desired color.
• Uses cloth, brushes, sprayer, roller, and/or sponges to apply paint or other coatings.
• Removes old finish using scrapers, chemical compounds or a blowtorch.
• Provides training and work leadership to less-experienced painters.
• May have supervisory responsibilities.
• May fill nail holes, joints and cracks in walls with plaster or other filler.
• May replace door or window glass.
• Requisitions new painting supplies and equipment.
• Participates in special projects, as required.
Requires a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
3-5 years of related painting experience.
0 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
The likely hourly rate for this position is between $20.00 - $30.00, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.