Sponsor’s application has been and will continue to be delivered in a series of incremental releases that deliver increased functionality and allow analysts to interact with a growing number of analytic capabilities and data. The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for developing and maintaining test plans and test cases, including functional testing, integration, and regression testing. In addition, they will be expected to work cohesively with the other IT testers, collaborate with testers from other teams, participate and contribute to peer reviews and actively contribute to process improvements.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) provide manual and automated testing of various software products
2) document defects
3) execute test cases and report defects to the software team
4) understand requirements and write test cases
5) coordinate and actively participate in project meetings during software development lifecycle
6) document and interpret business and technical requirements for testing utilizing various development methodologies
7) participate in a variety of TEMS throughout the software development lifecycle
8) communicate testing result data to multiple audiences
9) update user guide documentation
10) Create and deliver test workflow framework and procedure for the sponsor’s applications.
• Develop and execute automated test plans, procedures , and scenarios for the unit, process, function, system integration and acceptance testing • Consult with the entire team to coordinate and test applications • Ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment • Support off-hour deliveries and periodic off-hour functional testing • Document the success and failures of all executed test procedures in Sponsor’s issue tracking software
Additional Mandatory Skills: 1. Demonstrate on-the-job experience testing web-based applications developed using technologies such as: JAVA or J2EE 2. Demonstrate on-the-job automation or software development experience with automated test tools (Selenium web driver preferred/RC Preferred, similar tool accepted) 3. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with software development lifecycle, test-driven development and Enterprise Lean Agile or other Agile methodologies 4. Demonstrate on-the-job experience creating test plans, test cases/criteria that meet the system requirements and test scripts to include documentation. Create and deliver the test workflow framework and procedure for the sponsor’s applications 5. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with testing across back-end, service tier, and presentation layers, including a variety of graphical user interfaces 6. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with Perl and/or other scripting languages. 7. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with Unix/Linux operating systems, as well as experience working from a shell or command prompt 8. Demonstrate on-the-job experience and knowledge of database query languages, such as SQL, to assess the state of the data before and after test transactions are performed 9. Demonstrate on-the-job the ability to explain protocols, technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
Desired Skills: 1. Demonstrate on-the-job experience conducting ICD 503 accessibility testing on an application and providing an accessibility score or rating 2. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with JMeter 3. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with XML, RESTFul, SQL 4. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with Rational Functional Tester and Rational Performance Tester 5. Demonstrate on-the-job experience conducting accessibility testing using JAWS, Tota11Y, ZoomText or similar tools
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.