- Provides support for statewide network, with firewall, router, and switch configuration and installation and troubleshooting.
- Provides technical support and implement of client requested firewall changes such as NAT, ACLs, remote access VPNs, AAA authentication, and L2L VPN tunnels.
- Creates shared documentation referencing new configurations and network concepts; maintains network security by reviewing firewall configurations with clients to ensure resources are protected.
- Assists in the management of a heterogenous network consisting of router, switches, and firewalls from Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, and other common vendors.
- Assists with designs, tests, and implementations of custom solutions for client Internet, LAN, and WAN projects.
- Coordinates with vendors and team members on network installations; installs network and telecommunications equipment at client sites.
- Troubleshoots LAN/WAN/Firewall connectivity and security issues; assists in patching networking hardware during security audits; assists daily with Helpdesk support tickets as a tier 2 engineer.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and firewall design, configuration, and troubleshooting is required.
- Must have the technical background and ability to self-educate and stay abreast of new networking technologies and trends.
- Requires strong customer service, presentation, and communication skills.
- Vendor certification from Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto or other related vendors is desired but not required. Common useful certifications include but are not limited to Network+, Security+, CCNA, CCNP, JNCIS.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.