Responsible for the design and development of voice video radio frequency, and/or data communications networks.
The successful Network Engineer will be responsible for designing technical solutions for complex problems. The candidate will provide technical oversight of a project solution, including requirement interpretation and allocation of requirements to technical components. The candidate will define processes to support the implementation of requirements. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that technical solutions leverage industry best practices, designing for security and excellence while minimizing the total cost of ownership. Candidate should be able to define internal and external customer IT infrastructure architecture needs and then design solutions to meet those needs to include: capacity planning, systems configuration and tuning, monitoring backups, and installations of hardware and software. Candidate will be required to work independently with little supervision and should be flexible to work and support IT Operations needs as requested.
1. Demonstrated experience with configuring, designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting LAN/WAN devices.
3. Demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining Cisco ASA/Next Generation firewall.
4. Basic understanding of QoS concepts.
5. Demonstrated experience with network monitoring technologies.
6. Ability to take ambiguous requirements or problems and convert them into technical solutions.
7. Ability to partner with systems administrators, storage administrators, and application developers to solve complex problems.
8. Resolves complex problems, researches and provides issue resolution.
9. Mentors those of a junior level.
BA/BS in any related discipline
10+ years of network engineering experience.
Experience configuring, designing, and troubleshooting IP multicast streams preferred.
Experience configuring, designing, and troubleshooting QoS in LAN or WAN devices preferred.
Experience configuring/maintaining other (non-Cisco) hardware firewall devices such as Palo Alto Network, F5, or Juniper Next Generation Firewalls preferred.
Juniper Certifications preferred.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.