At GDIT, our people are our business. We pride ourselves on the work our innovators do to support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the world. We wouldn’t be successful without our ability to attract new talent to join our team.
GDIT is currently seeking aDuty Officer / Incident Manager joining our team to support FDIC activities in Arlington, VA. This is a 24x7x365 Operations role. Weekends, nights, and holidays are necessary at times.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. GDIT provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. GDIT supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas. It has a state of the art development lab to test new functionality, architectures, and equipment. The FDIC team provides support to a plethora of cutting-edge technologies across the IT spectra. It has a state of the art development lab to test new functionality, architectures, and equipment. Employees are tasked with developing and deploying innovative solutions to meet business requirements - not managing day to day, same technology operations.
Level of Clearance Required: U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background to obtain an agency specific Public Trust.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
*Provides both a technical and managerial oversight within the Enterprise Wide Command Center (EWCC) across Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) disciplines to FEDERAL SME's and Contract Personnel to ensure the coordination of operations
* Responsible for Event Management across all FDIC technical platforms (Server, Network, Storage, Etc…)
* Responsible for service restoration management across multiple frameworks
* Works with network administrators to configure and troubleshoot issues emanating from the network
* Monitor current hardware and infrastructure health via network monitoring applications
* Respond to and create incidents for application and server based alerts
* Compile daily shift reporting for facilitation at daily client meetings; briefing skills and attention to detail are important
* Ability to quickly manage high-priority Information Technology multitasking
* Mentoring/training of support personnel
* Ability to provide 24X7x365 Information Technology (IT) operations support; nights, weekends may be required
* POC for FDIC LAB Environment
* Key manager for Operations Team
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
* Proven IT managerial experience with current IT products and services alongside the demonstrated ability to provide IT business/industry best practices required with the strong ability to manage conflict/resolution situations
* Ability to understand Information Technology Watch Floor functions with effective oral and written communication skills across multi-level IT platforms in a fast paced client facing environment required
* Must have excellent customer service skills, ability to manage competing priorities and work under pressure required
* Server/Network Monitoring, Performance Analysis and Infrastructure Management experience required
* Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload
* Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
* Thirteen years overall IT experience
*ITIL Foundations, v3
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services, simulation, and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Discover more at gdit.com/careers
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.