Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
Are you highly organized and able to support multiple priority efforts at the same time? Do you thrive in fast-paced programs? Can you prioritize tasks to allow your executive leadership team to focus on what’s hot? Will the risk of not delivering top-quality products on-time keep you up at night? Then GDIT is looking for you to fill an essential Senior Network Engineer role supporting our cybersecurity program.
Program Description: This program supports a new initiative at a cabinet level agency to improve and enhance information sharing efforts. To support this effort, the Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for building, implementing, and maintaining multiple client networks including unclassified and classified networks components. This includes installing new network equipment, troubleshooting network connectivity, and performing maintenance tasks to maximize uptime, and limit outages. This position will also troubleshoot and resolve connectivity issues.
The ideal candidate will have in depth experience in building, implementing, managing, and maintaining multiple client networks. The selected candidate will serve as a generalist and will need to be able to balance supporting multiple task lanes.
The Network Engineer Advisor should be able to:
• Design and implement enterprise solutions for our network infrastructure
• Document network infrastructure and support playbooks
• Maintain and optimize networks
Key Personality traits that will do well in this environment
• Inquisitive by nature; you know where to look to find answers
• You enjoy collaboration and sharing information with other highly technical people
Environment you will work in
• The intersection of Cybersecurity and data. No better place to be.
• Highly technical and fast-paced environment.
• Conduct network analysis and resolve inefficiencies on the network.
• Perform day to day network maintenance which will include configuring, upgrades, installation and troubleshooting.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problems and outages.
• Schedule and perform upgrades to all switches and firewalls
• Define, document, and enforce industry standards.
• Design, recommend and implement new solutions to improve the resiliency of the network
• Coordinate with other teams and vendors to resolve issues affecting our network.
To fit into our environment, you must have these core skills:
B.A. or B.S. in computer science, information technology or relevant degree from accredited institution of higher education or the equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 10 years of networking experience in large scale global environments
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to multiple network monitoring tools
• Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem-solving ability, and organizational skills
• Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment
Minimum of active Interim Secret clearance and ability to obtain up to a TS
Highly desired skills:
• Cisco AnyConnect
• Aruba VPN
• Mesa VPN
• PKI knowledge
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.