GDIT is seeking a Top Secret cleared Help Desk Assistant Manager to oversee a Tier 1 Service Desk operation. Successful candidates will be a highly organized team player with strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to prioritize challenges on multiple fronts to drive results with an emphasis on quality.
· Supporting a user base >50k worldwide operating in classified and unclassified network domains
· Capable of handling a call volume between 30k to 40k calls per month
· Experienced in managing a team of ~50 employees across multiple locations
· Capable of delivering efficient and timely first and second tier support within required timeframes of service level agreements
· In possession of an “active” top secret clearance with eligibility for a CI polygraph
· Supervises the activities and personnel associated with providing technical services to customers by identifying, prioritizing, and confirming resolution of reported problems with desktop, laptop, and networked systems.
· Ensure that all phases of support are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved.
· Create and manage escalation procedures and ensures service levels are maintained.
· Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
· Develop information technology projects and provides strategic management and objectives for the department.
· Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of help desk functions.
· Present infrastructure improvement recommendations (minor or significant) based on request trends.
· Oversee development and dissemination of knowledge articles, SOPs, scripts, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
· Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies.
· Manage and lead incident and request management processes, including queue management, ticket assignments, and escalation
· Manage program risk and issues with customers, team leaders, and corporate management
· Oversee IT asset management for the program
· Supports continuous improvement through measuring and evaluating processes and incorporating feedback into regular process updates
· A minimum of 5+ years’ managing enterprise IT infrastructure and applications support programs in excess of $10m per year
· Leading and managing personnel in a geographically dispersed, 24x7x365 environment
· Managing performance-based customer service against multiple SLA requirements
· Implementing optimizing, standardizing, and streamlining policies, processes, and standard operating procedures
· Utilizing and customizing service desk tools and technologies (ITSM, Remote Management / Monitoring, and Automated Call Distribution) to improve program performance and satisfy customer needs. Service Manager and Ring Central experience a plus.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.