Job Responsibilities: Repairs and maintains company and/or customer-owned power generation equipment. The power generation equipment repairer performs maintenance on tactical utility, precise power-generation sets, internal combustion engines and associated equipment. Provide instruction on equipment as required.
1. Responsible for more technical repair and maintenance of power generation equipment.
2. Troubleshoots, orders parts, and repairs difficult mechanical problems.
3. Ability to perform general maintenance and repair tasks.
4. May require specific certifications, depending on job assignment.
5. Knowledge of relevant tools and equipment.
6. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Adheres to ethical, behavioral and professional standards.
Education/Equivalent Training Required: Certified as a refrigeration mechanic IAW EPA regulations and laws.
Experience: Two years recent experience as an Army power generation equipment repairer, with one year served within unit-level operations or civilian equivalent.
Unique/Additional Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license/CDL. Effective communications skills. Computer literate with current Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Systems and possess a working knowledge of current Army automated supply systems.
Note: Period of Employment for this position is contingent upon the return from active military duty of the incumbent employee currently on military orders/deployment (est thru Aug 2022).
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.