GDIT is looking for a Service Desk Specialist to work Mids (2200 to 0600) who holds TS/SCI able to obtain CI Poly for a full time position, located in Colorado Springs, Co.
GDIT will provide customers worldwide with a security operations center consisting of Self-Help Knowledge Portals, remote Service Desk resolution support, and in-field customer engagement support. GDIT will be the first point of contact for IT problem resolutions helping to increase user satisfaction, reduce resolution time, and consolidate and standardize remote and in-field customer support at the enterprise level.
Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems. Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
*This position does require employees to work one weekend day a month.
Essential job functions
• Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with H/W, S/W and application problems includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
• Provides polite and customer friendly service support for problem resolution
• Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier 1. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
• Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools
• Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops and common windows applications
• Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
• Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
*Mids shift hours: 2400 - 800
**Saturday - Wednesday or Friday through Tuesday**
Two certifications are required for the program:
1. Security+ CE or another 8570 Cert
2. PWS 9.1 cert
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: HS/GED, 0+ years of experience
Must be able to meet customer facility COVID requirements
The likely hourly rate for this position is between $17.30 - $25.96, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.