QA Rep III provides support to the GDIT SACSS team and performs NDT inspections.
1. Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards.
2. Records and analyzes data and writes summaries and reports to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
3. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO standards and NAVSEA Standard Items.
4. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures.
5. Maintains appropriate documentation related to quality assurance tests and inspections.
6. Provides quality training.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
8. Guides and directs employees in quality improvement efforts.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. Develops QA Workbooks. Computer skills in Work and Excel required.
11. Electrical Cableway and Connector knowledge a plus.
12. Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
13. May require professional, technical, or company certification(s), depending on job assignment.
14. Some travel may be required depending on task.
Must be trained in Nondestructive Testing (Visual, Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Inspection) with 3-5 years’ experience in U.S. Navy shipboard NDT Inspections.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.