1. Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
2. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
3. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
4. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
5. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
6. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
7. May perform network administration duties.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. May serve as technical team or task leader.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
1. 8+ years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
2. Must possess and maintain a Secret clearance.
3. Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire.
4. Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.
5. Advanced knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
6. Advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
1. CCNA preferred
2. Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required.
This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.