Strong experience in project schedule (CPM) and the risk register (i.e., risk log) creation and management. The PM must be able to brief the management team on resource availability and loading, confidence and risk levels, and our ability to accept new work. This requires "active" project management and critical thinking. The PM must proactively manage all RFQ proposals, Task Order implementations, and other projects from inception to completion. Additional work that must also be treated as projects include:
• Routine radio surveys, fabrication, installation, and corrective maintenance visits.
• Tier II O&M support (24x7x365 troubleshooting and field office assistance, fab/ship of replacement equipment, coordination with Tier III, after action reports, etc.)
• Corrective maintenance visits to remote sites within driving distance of Hampton (SC, NC, VA, DC)
• Cyber Protection Team (CPT) and other Cyber support
• Other customer requests The PM must manage these projects using a critical path schedule and risk management approach, with entries in the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) so all work can be deconflicted, managed, and updated. A separate CPM schedule and risk register must be created for each project. The PM must update these documents daily and use the information to keep the IMS updated at all times. The PM must be the focal point for all projects, ensuring that tasks are being completed and alerting the team as soon as a task is at-risk. PM tasks would include:
• Coordinating with the customer for Requirements Analysis, proposal schedule, etc.
• Completing an initial risk assessment with assistance from the Engineering Manager
• Scheduling design reviews
• Coordinating with other departments to complete the WBS, pricing volume, Cover Letter, admin review, financial review, FMR, and submission to Government
• Scheduling the draft and final proposal reviews
• Working with Admin to ensure that documents are in their proper location at the right time
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned projects or task(s), including contract and subcontractor management
Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, schedules and task order and administrative reporting
Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload
Coordinates and conducts risk tracking process
Attends customer meetings and may serve as client liaison
Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff and stakeholders
Coordinates and conducts development of deliverables and products
Will personally develop, draft, publish and maintain, point papers, white papers, MS Project documents, schedules, registers, WBS, proposal documents, etc.
Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
May act as a supervisor to remote technical personal.
Previous IT Managment experience is strongly preferred.
• Must have Secret Level security clearance and be able to maintain
• Must hold and maintain active CompTIA IAT 8570 Level II (i.e.: Security+CE) certification or higher or be able to obtain within six months of hire.
• Must hold active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or higher or be able to obtain within six months
• Must have BA/BS and 5+ years' experience; or equivalent• Must be onsite at Hampton Virginia
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.