Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for sailors in support of the Center for Surface Combat Systems Detachment Norfolk, Virginia. Training program requires the ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and laboratory simulations supporting the Navy’s SQQ-89A(V)15 Undersea Warfare (USW)/ Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) System. Candidate would serve as a Senior Trainer providing fleet-sailors training on the operation and employment of the SQQ-89A(V)15 System. When required, the candidate would provide subject matter expertise in support of curriculum development for other CSCS courses.
1. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy’s SQQ-89A(V)15 USW/ASW system and capabilities and limitations as it relates to the Navy’s employment of the Aegis Combat System.
2. Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Undersea Warfare Engineering Capabilities and Limitations, as well as U.S. Navy operational and maintenance processes and procedures.
3. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors’ abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures, and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
4. Observes and assesses contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
5. Prepares, reviews, and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
6. Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates, and conducts training gap analysis to provide formal feedback and recommendations for Course improvement.
7. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
8. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
9. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
10. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Five (5) years of experience as a AN/SQQ-89 Sonar Technician having the responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment. Of the five (5) years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment or Combat System Training Team evaluator responsible for establishing learning objectives, preparing test items or drill guides, and counseling/evaluating others on maintenance and repair is required. Experience as a Surface Ship ASW Specialist (SSAS), Anti Submarine Warfare Evaluator (ASWE), Sonar Supervisor (SUP), or Anti Submarine Warfare Coordinator (ASWC) a significant plus.
Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Secret security clearance required. Travel may be required up to 10% of time.
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or the start date, if after December 8.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.