2. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Perform Security Control Assessment periodically
11. Program, install, load, and troubleshoot TACLANE Encryptors
12. Provides guidance to less-experienced technical staff members.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
5 years of related experience in cybersecurity.
Experience in Splunk
Experience working with TACLANE
Experience working and handling evidentiary material is also a plus.
Candidate must be familiar with certification/accreditation of systems
Strong work ethics
Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-contractor team in support of the government.
Must have an active TS clearance and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.