Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
This Sr. System Engineer position will require knowledge and experience of Geospatial services, data, Google Earth and other GEOINT related initiatives. Data storage, knowledge to include configuration, installation, web-based Visualization tool(s), and the ability in learning various data management software applications. If you are looking to get in on the ground floor to work with a small team of Engineers to design, manage, integrate and implement geospatial exploitation Products (GXP) data stores, libraries, and supporting dozens of internet-disconnected networks, this is the job for you. Leverage modern concepts, procedures, and software to accelerate the entire systems lifecycle and create secure, reliable solutions supporting intelligence capabilities for America and its coalition partner nations.
Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, model formulation, computer architecture analysis and design, and digital systems engineering.
Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
Invents innovative ways to drive production operational efficiency.
Drives scalability and operability of supported systems/infrastructure.
Implements, manages and enhances Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline tools.
Creates, maintains, and reviews Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Desired State Configuration (DSC) and/or Puppet configuration management tools to support the provisioning infrastructure.
Creates and maintains detailed system documentation.
Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and works with management to evolve current processes.
Participates in special projects as assigned.
1. 8+ years of experience is required.
2. Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI.
3. Understanding of Agile, ITIL, DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, automated testing etc.
4. Experience with infrastructure including but not limited to: data center operations, server hardware, operating systems (Windows, Linux), web servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat), databases (MS SQL, MySQL, postgreSQL), virtualization (VMware), networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
5. Experience in infrastructure design and operations including load balancing app/db clustering, firewall rules, fail over, monitoring, diagnostics, and performance tuning, etc.
6. Mastery of the PowerShell scripting language.
7. Experience automating and configuring systems using Desired State Configuration (DSC).
8. Experience with CI/CD pipelines build processes and tools.
9. Familiarity with version control systems such as Git and Subversion
10. Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
11. May be required to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours as required
12. Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges
13. Desired: ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire.
14. Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required.
1. DevOps Foundation Certification
2. VMware VCAP, VCDX
3. Red Hat® Certified Engineer (RHCE®)
This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.