GDIT has a FANTASTIC JOB OPPORTUNITY! We are seeking a Data Warehouse Architect – Mid Level to support a federal agency to conduct a strategic assessment of its data warehouse usability, technology, security, and system capabilities.
Requires at least six years of general experience in information systems, including four years of specialized experience providing state-of-the art solutions in information systems technology (or, if the particular area of expertise is new state-of-the-art technology, the specialized experience may be less than four years and more consistent with the age of the technology). Performs highly specialized and technical tasks associated with the most current and cutting-edge technologies. May serve as a technical consultant to a project or a number of projects dealing with area of technical expertise.
Provide expert, independent services and leadership in specialized technical areas. Provides expertise on an as-needed basis to all task assignments. Provides expert advice and assistance in state-of-the-art software/hardware. Coordinates with contractor management and Government personnel to ensure that the problem has been properly defined and that the solution will satisfy the Government’s requirement. Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Assist in defining the business need and scope of the public-facing data warehouse applications and websites
· Document the data transfers between source systems and the data warehouse
· Assist in conducting usability analysis and review of the data warehouse applications and data tools and identify any overlap, duplication, or opportunities for consolidation/retirement.
· Assist in developing recommendations for adding new applications, reports, dashboards, maps, or other features
· Help to assess the current technology stack, software framework, software, and architecture of the data warehouse system
· Support the review of the current security architecture of the data warehouse
· Conduct a gap analysis to identify new/emerging capabilities
· Review reporting tools such as Tableau and evaluate emerging cloud-based database and geospatial technologies (such as Snowflake, Redshift, ESRI cloud services, or other emerging Data Warehouse-as-a-Service (DWAAS) technologies), and make recommendations on multi-cloud or hybrid model solutions
· US Citizenship is required
· Must be able to meet customer facility COVID requirements
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS, 6+ years of experience
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or the start date, if after January 18. Individuals who work in or reside in Texas or Montana or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement.
The likely salary range for this position is $75,599 - $126,250, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.