We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity.
Our work depends on a Finance Manager joining our team to support the Federal Health business area in Windsor Mill, MD.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Finance Manager supporting and analyzing all financial aspects of the business area’s major program, you will be trusted to manage the financial portfolio and support the Program Director.
IN THIS ROLE, A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE:
• Managing the financial activities of business area communicating clearly with the finance team and operations
• Evaluating business processes to establish complex financial models for a major program
• Serving as the principal point of contact on all financial matters for the program
• Overseeing various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, and analysis
• Providing management with financial analysis and reporting to ensure costs are controlled and profits are maximized
• Makes recommendations to management to improve the financial performance
• Developing and administering program budgets and financial plans/forecasts
• Ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as DAR, FAR, SOX and other government regulations
• Participating in the preparation and review of cost proposals and contract modifications
• Provide guidance and work leadership to assigned Financial Analysts
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
• Participates in special projects as required
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or a related business discipline plus 5+ years of relevant experience; in lieu of degree 9+ years of relevant experience
• Experience in finance or business analysis
• Experience managing major programs within a business area or business area specific management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to succinctly brief executive leadership
• Strong Excel experience required as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite