Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Software Developer Senior
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Software Developer Senior at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you’ll make the end user’s experience your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Software Developer Senior you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Software Developer in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or providing complex enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand and to develop resolution of software operational and transformational activities. Successful candidate will have experience with multiple languages (including Java, Python, Ruby) and web frameworks (including Spring and Rails) as well as big data systems.
HOW A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER SENIOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: BA/BS
● Required Experience: 5+ years of related experience
● Required Technical Skills: Experience working with GitHub, Jira and Confluence. Experience with Linux-based systems and shell scripting.
Experience with application development and deployments with Amazon Web Services. Experience analyzing large volumes of complex structured and unstructured data.
● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI with Polygraph
● Required Skills and Abilities: Identifies and resolves complex hardware/software interface issues. Test and documents performance benchmarks and metrics for developed software. Designs and implements cloud-native data processing capabilities using tools such as Hadoop, Hive, and other big data software. Supports the design and development of a large scale structured search system. Works with a cross functional team of developers, QA, devops, and security to develop, deliver, and sustain a complex production system.
● Preferred Skills: Experience with Hadoop, Hive, and other big data processing technologies. Experience developing batch data processing pipelines.
● Location: On Customer Site
●US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.