Develops; organizes; and conducts training and educational programs for Fleet sailors in support of Center for Surface Combat Systems in Norfolk, Virginia. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support tactical shipboard training; Candidate would serve as a Senior Instructor to train SSDS operators in tactical employment of the Ship’s Self Defense System and associated weapons systems, system capabilities and limitations, employment of automated systems, mission planning and execution, and tactical communications. When required, the candidate would provide subject matter expertise in support of curriculum development for CSCS courses supporting the operational employment of the Ship’s Self Defense System.
1. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy Aegis Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations.
2. Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy SSDS Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation in the dynamic operational tactical environment.
3. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors’ abilities to comply with approved maintenance, operational procedures, and ship’s Battle Orders and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
4. Observes and assesses contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
5. Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
6. Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement.
7. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
8. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex SSDS training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
9. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
10. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
11. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Five (5) years of experience with the required system or process as either a SSDS or associated weapon/sensor maintenance technician supervisor or SSDS operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment. Of the five (5) years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems is required.
Experience as a qualified SSDS Mk2 watch stander and/or a Master/Afloat Training Specialist in support of CSCS/TACTRAGRU/ATG is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be required up to 20% of time.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.