Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
The Linux System Administrator will be proficient in IT Architecture using system engineering conventional, agile, or model based methodologies. The successful candidate will: • Monitor system performance including legacy servers and cloud systems.
• Perform legacy and cloud O&M administration.
• Solve legacy server and cloud & virtualization issues.
• Maintain and develop a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Environment (RHEV).
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures for new server builds.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software problems with AIX, HP-UX and Red Hat servers.
• Providing escalation support for subordinates and junior resources.
• Write custom start scripts for various applications.
• Evaluate and implement potential new tools and technologies.
• Work on assigned Change Requests/Problem tickets.
• Investigate and respond to alerts generated by the various monitoring systems in use
• Perform hardware maintenance/repair activities.
• Ensure proper planning and execution of major projects/maintenance activities
6+ years of experience
Excellent verbal (Phone customer interaction skills) and written communication skills
Experience with general information technology
Willingness to work in Northern Virginia (west of Tysons Corner up to and including Dulles Airport Vicinity)
Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
Must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary Computing Environment (CE) for certification
Experience with WAN / LAN / Networking Technologies.
Experience with MS Windows, Linux, or Solaris Administration
Experience with LAN Cabling (CAT5, Fiber, Ethernet etc.)
Experience using SolarWinds or other IT Management system
Experience using ServiceNow or other ticket-tracking system
Years of Experience
6 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA - Security+ - CompTIA
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.