General Dynamics IT has an immediate opening for a Senior Developer, supporting the United States Postal Service (USPS). If you have a passion for designing and creating innovative IT solutions, we encourage you to apply! Are you ready for a new challenge?
This technical position is responsible for the application design and development of solutions that use modern application architecture and cloud services. You will report to a Technical Project Leader and the GDIT Program Manager. You will be involved in a variety of challenging IT projects, applying known software methodologies and design patterns to design and develop software solutions for USPS Pricing systems. An ideal candidate would be someone with 10+ years of relevant experience and has interest in growing their skills to include enterprise architecture.
Independently gathers and analyzes information or developing and modifying information processing systems in accordance with USPS requirements as well as the architectural plan for the integration of these systems into the larger technical environment. This individual will be expected to work independently or semi-independently, with project management from the Technical Project Leader and Business Systems Analyst.
• Experience with objected-oriented programming methodologies and techniques (data/object modeling, methods, classes, inheritance, polymorphism, re-use concepts, frameworks)
• Experience with code versioning and change management concepts
• Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation)
• Experience with requirements definition and specifications design creating conceptual, logical and physical design using case models, class models, component models, and physical models
• Ability to mentor project developers
• Demonstrated client interaction skills and abilities, work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to mentor team members in object development
• Consulting skills and experience useful
• USPS security clearance required with fingerprinting and drug testing
Broad knowledge of IT system development, IT infrastructure and business processes
Systems’ level thinking - see big picture and interconnects
Familiarity with the agile methodologies and software development lifecycle (SDLC)
Able to work well in a team environment
The likely salary range for this position is $120,000 - $180,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.