Job Responsibilities: Repairs and maintains company and/or customer-owned Refrigeration Heating – Air Conditioning equipment. The utilities equipment repairer is responsible for supervising and performing maintenance on utility equipment and special purpose support systems. Inspect and repair air conditioner electrical systems, air conditioner vapor systems, refrigeration unit electrical systems, portable heater fuel/electrical systems, fire extinguisher recharging systems and fire extinguishers/valves. Provide instruction on equipment as required.
1. Responsible for more technical repair and maintenance of Refrigeration Heating – Air Conditioning equipment.
2. Troubleshoots, orders parts, and repairs difficult mechanical problems.
3. Ability to perform general maintenance and repair tasks.
4. May require specific certifications, depending on job assignment.
5. Knowledge of relevant tools and equipment.
6. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Adheres to ethical, behavioral and professional standards.
Education/Equivalent Training Required: Certified as a refrigeration mechanic IAW EPA regulations and laws.
Experience: Two years recent experience as an Army utilities equipment repairer, with one year having served within unit-level operations or civilian equivalent.
Must have a valid driver’s license/CDL.
Effective communications skills.
Computer literate with current Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Systems and possess a working knowledge of current Army automated supply systems.
Please be aware that this position is 1- 6 months duration with the potential to go longer.
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or the start date, if after January 18. Individuals who work in or reside in Florida, Montana, Tennessee, Texas, or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.